The OptoSelector OS X is an advanced optical sorter specifically developed for the classification of seed corn cobs. The OS X is used at the front end of the value-added chain for seed corn and has become an integral necessity in the husking process.
Incoming seed corn cobs are initially spread and aligned into lanes of the OS X by vibratory feeder. Next, they pass through highly intelligent, proprietary optical boxes developed in our own Roeber Institute. These cutting edge optical boxes can scan the entire 360° surface of a corn cob. The combination of new optical techniques and intelligent software enable the recognition of husked cobs and defects. Complete 360° scanning also allows us to capture additional data like dimensions and volume of each cob.
Based on precise results from the 360° scan, the corn cobs are sorted into three categories: accepts, re-husk, and off-type or rejects. Corn cobs that are identified as re-husk will return to the head of the line to pass through the husking process a second time. Criteria for rejected products are defined through our intuitive teach-in software. This features industry leading simplicity for set up and programming.
- Gap-free detection of husks and defects on cob surface by 360° analysis
- Detection of off-type cobs based on 360° corn cob analysis
- High speed 3-way sorting
- Detection of color changes caused by mold and fungal infestation
- System scalable from 1 to n processing lanes (Standard setup 8 lanes)
- Completely independent control of lanes
- System control via HMI or remote with highly intuitive, graphical software
- Energy efficient air knife for automatic cleaning
- Dust proof system
|OS X4||OS X8||OS X10|
|Length||mm||4 380||4 380||4 380|
|Width||mm||1 018||1 818||2 218|
|Height||mm||1 849||1 849||1 849|
|Weight||kg||~1 100||~2 200||~2 500|
|Capacity||t/h||up to 7,5||up to 15||up to 19|
1 - Spreader & alignment
2 - Booster
3 - Smart optical box with 360° detection
A - Off-type
B - Re-husk
C - Accept